what the new cyber crime law says about ‘cyber sex’
(1) Cybersex. — The willful engagement, maintenance, control, or operation, directly or indirectly, of any lascivious exhibition of sexual organs or sexual activity, with the aid of a computer system, for favor or consideration. (source)
there is literally no way this will not end up disproportionately impacting trans women and/or bakla in the Philippines.
But I wonder…
is anything going to be done about how this sort of thing is often done as a part of sex tourism/exploitation/white fetishism of ladyboys?
About how there are, without a doubt, white run businesses whose sole purpose it is to sell ‘cyber sex’?
Or is it just going to target the people displayed?
Like I imagine cyber sex work might already be covered by prostitution laws but the scary thing about this bill
is that they wouldn’t have to prove or show that it was prostitution
the mere act of engaging in what they consider ‘cyber sex’ has become a crime
of which the only real needed evidence will be any records
- jonesinforjosie reblogged this from share-biyuti
- thedisreputabledog likes this
- hexgoddess reblogged this from tal9000
- frektane likes this
- queerpunkhamlet reblogged this from tal9000
- tal9000 reblogged this from share-biyuti
- neverwillstop likes this
- manicpixiedreambakla reblogged this from share-biyuti
- ishkwaakiiwan likes this
- angrybrownbaby reblogged this from share-biyuti